Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering Exam commonly known as the GATE examination is a national-level examination that helps a candidate to get admission into Master’s programs in top universities. There are a total of 29 disciplines in this examination. However, candidates have the option of choosing more than 1 subject as per the guidelines.
Every year, the GATE examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology. The GATE 2023 examination is scheduled to be conducted by IIT Kanpur. Such as IIT Mumbai, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, and so on.
Why Must a Candidate Appear In GATE Examination?
The following points below analyze why a student from an engineering background must appear for the GATE examination.
- With the help of the GATE examination score, you can get admission to various PhDs programs in top-tier colleges like IITs, NITs, IISc, GFTIs, and other known and reputed universities. This examination score will also help you to get admission into various M.Tech (Master of Technology ) and M.E. courses (Master of Engineering).
- The scores achieved by a candidate in the GATE examination are also considered by several foreign universities like Technical University of Munich (Germany ), Aachen University (Germany), National University of Singapore ( Singapore ), and so on.
- The GATE score can be used by the candidates to apply for various prestigious government jobs. Such as, in PSUs, and GOI organizations. More often than not, candidates can apply for job opportunities in the private sector as well.
- If a candidate/aspirant passes the GATE examination, he or she can join a national or state-level college to pursue higher studies such as a Master of Technology in top colleges/universities. A scholarship of 12,400 INR is provided to the candidate until the completion of their courses.
- Candidates can apply for the Fellowship program and scholarship program with the help of a GATE score.
What is the Syllabus for the GATE examination?
Knowing the GATE Syllabus is essential for the students. It will help the candidates to get an overview of the subjects and topics covered for the GATE examination. Qualifying for the GATE examination is essential for students. If you know the GATE syllabus, it will also help you to plan the study time accordingly and finally ace the examination. The syllabus for different subjects for the GATE examination is mentioned below.
- The syllabus for General aptitude: Verbal Ability and Numerical Ability. Students are advised to solve the previous year’s question paper. This will help them to know about this portion of the syllabus.
- The syllabus for Biomedical Engineering: The biomedical engineering syllabus for the GATE examination includes topics like electrical circuits, signals and systems, biomaterials, biomechanics, human anatomy and physiology, analogue and digital electronics, medical imaging system, and many more.
- Syllabus for Aerospace Engineering Syllabus: Laplace transforms, Euler angle, dynamic stability, equations of motion, numerical integration and disintegration, theory of elastics, equilibrium and compatibility equations, measurement and visualization techniques, and so on.
- Syllabus for Agriculture and Planning: Urban design, urban planning and housing, services, infrastructure and transportation, architecture and design, and environmental planning.
- Syllabus for Civil Engineering: Mass transfer, heat transfer, chemical technology, plant design and economics, engineering mathematics, fluid mathematics and chemical operation, instrumentation, and process control.
- Electrical Engineering Syllabus: Power Electronics, Control Systems, Signals and Systems, Engineering Mathematics, Control Systems, Electromagnetic fields, and many more.
Students are advised to go to the official website of the GATE examination to know the detailed syllabus of the examination. Candidates can also visit BYJU’s Exam Prep website to get a detailed analysis of the GATE examination.